| FALLOUT STORIES|
A celebration for "Fallout" with ten post-apocalyptic stories, two articles on "Fallout 3," and a List of Ten Classic Tales in the Style of "Fallout." About half of the pieces are reprints, with the rest being original to this collection. The total word count is 53,000 words, making it the size of a short novel.
The stories span a spectrum, the first three being gritty realism, but after that things get more fantastic, with robots, zombies, and the like.
- "Cuban Missile Strike" is an alternate history that might be termed "Fallout 1962." Set in Florida, it is published here for the first time.
- "Fallout 1979" is an alternate history set in 1979, and it deals with a team of survivors going into the fallout plume in Iowa. First published in "Plasma Frequency."
- "Euro-Nuke '79" is an alternate history set in 1979, but set on a different continent. The problem of evacuating American high school kids from a war zone. It is published here for the first time.
- "Atomic Missions" is an odd one about an atomic bombardier. First published in "Kaleidotrope."
- "Scout Team from the Arc" is a "recontact" story regarding people leaving their underground shelter for the first time in a generation. It is published here for the first time.
- "Karma Hunter" is a zombie tale. It is published here for the first time.
- "The Walking, Weeping Prototypes" has robots. First published online at "Black Denim Lit."
- "Cyborg Vedohtsee and the Outlaw Slick Polla" features cyborgs, robots, and zombies. First published at "Scifia."
- "The Brave Little Trash-bot at the End of the World" is an odd one. It is published here for the first time.
- "Fallout 3 versus The Omega Man" is an article comparing a computer game to a movie. It was first published in "New York Review of Science Fiction."
- "Fallout 3: Rebirth of a Franchise" is an article about a computer game, published here for the first time.
- "List of Ten Classic Tales in the Style of Fallout" is published here for the first time.
HOW TO BUY Available as paperback and ebook at:
|Published ||ebook September 2016; paperback March 2018|
|Page Count || 186 pages|
|Word Count ||53,000|